Job categoryDatabase Developer (SQL Server)
LocationHouston - Austin,TX
Number Of Openings1
Pay RateDOE / Per Month
DescriptionDesss Inc. is looking for a smart, driven, mid-level Database Developer (SQL Server) to design, enhance, maintain, troubleshoot, performance tune and support our current database platform. This core developer will utilize Microsoft SQL Server 2016 to address performance, scalability and efficiency issues in a high traffic environment; 2300+ DBs and multi-TBs of data, all while assisting with the implementation of a cohesive vision for all database work. The ideal candidate will be able to work both independently and as part of a team. The job will be performed onsite at either our office in Spring, TX or Austin, TX.
• Understanding and experience with AWS and a virtual environment on a SAN platform.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal customers and capable of working with remote team members.
• Participate in the review of SQL code written by application developers to ensure compliance with coding standards and best practices as well as maximum performance.
• Create deployment and rollback scripts for the table and/or data changes.
• Analyze data access patterns and propose the best combination of indexes, constraints, foreign keys, and queries.
• Troubleshoot performance problems and propose short term fixes and long term solutions for very large datasets.
• Knowledge in all aspects of SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 T-SQL including the ability to write and deploy effective stored procedures, scripts, and user-defined functions.
• Basic understanding of SQL Server internals and use of dynamic management views.
• Knowledge of disaster recovery principals, practices and planning.
• Ability to mentor junior developers; helping them to expand their technical horizons and encourage them to think creatively to solve business needs in increasingly efficient ways.